flux percentage graphs

Today I've been working on several different items. First I have figured out why the flux percentage was failing. I was summing the edges of the data and that for whatever reason was causing the whole flux to drop significantly. By only summing the flux from 10600 to 17000 I found that it greatly stabilized the result and I got exactly what I was expected to get. I added to the upper left when less than a percent changes. It is pictured below.


Interestingly enough, I found that the extraction width is fairly close to the optimal noise for the waterband. This can show that using the noise in the waterband as a guide to choosing an extraction width agrees with using the amount of total flux captured.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Successfully graphed both test targets and graphed the PCA waterband depth plot